*ONLINE LIVE CALLIGRAPHY CLASS IN ENGLISH*
WHERE AND WHEN:
– 14th and 15th May 2021 – from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Rome Time)
Total 4 Hour Workshop in Direct Via ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 2 weeks.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail.
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Hours live on ZOOM in 2 Days shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format
– Video recordings of the Class available for 2 weeks
The class is open — and has much to offer — to all levels of experience, from adventurous beginners to advanced pros.
• TOPIC: “WATERGARDENS & Concertina Book”
This is an experimental workshop, based on watercolor and calligraphy basics.
We will work on a final texture and then format and bind this in a concertina, or “acordeon”. Then, we ́ll make a box to keep it safe.
First of all we will paint basics, flower or natural gestures, to understand the different types of paper, and grammages for different works .
We will also explain when the use of a different type of brush is adjusted (Chinese, synthetic or natural bristle)
Explanations of lighting or shadows, why black or white is not used in watercolor paintings (almost often)
We will go on to design flowers or textures with calligraphic base (we add diffrent tools, I use ruling pens)
those ones you like or have (try to have a Chinese one at least)
- Ruling pen – those designs or formats that you like, I use libélula Luthus pens, Handwritmic, and classic architectural drawing ruling pen)
- Watercolors (box or tubes) and walnut ink (liquid or powder, I prefer powder)
-Canson paper or some not too expensive (for the final work we use Canson Dessin à Grain A3)
-Arches 300 grams (1 sheet size A4, 1 sheet bigger)
-Rives (1 sheet size A4, 1 sheet bigger)
-Canson Edition (1 sheet size A4, 1 sheet bigger)
Or anyone you like or want to try, but always with watercolors paper… not satin or hot pressed)
You can have one or two flowers and tree or plant branches…
- For Bookbinding:
-Ruler, Cutter, Metal ruler, Mattboard
-1 Pointed needle
-1 bone folder (not plastic one) Carpenter’s glue
• THE TEACHER:
Argentina established in Barcelona
Graphic designer with a postgraduate degree in typography. Bookbinder and calligraphy lover. She has participated in several Editions of Arts Libris (Artist Books).