WHERE AND WHEN:
– 10th and 11th February 2021 – from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Rome Time)
Total 4 Hour Workshop in Direct Via ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 1 week.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail.
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Hours live on ZOOM in 2 Days shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format
– Video recordings of the Class available for 2 weeks
To be part of the classe no previous specific knowledge is required, only the interest and desire to explore the world of letters.
• TOPIC: “The Letters of Jan Rossey”
The work of Jan Rossey from the hands of the Belgian calligrapher Jurgen Vercaemst who, with his marvelous technique, will take us on an incredible journey inside the wonderful letters and religious compositions created by the monk Calligraph Jan Rossey
– Practise paper (preferable A3) usual white copypaper or Canson Croquis practise pad, or Gilbert cotton practise pads. The latter one is very suited for pencil work.
– mechanical pencil 0,7 & 0,3 mm (leads HB preferable)
– optional… Some colour pencil (mechanical or common)
– Fineliners 0,03 & 0,05 mm.
– Speedball nibs C5
– Some ink, or walnut ink, or some watercolours (as you prefere)
• THE TEACHER:
– Jurgen Vercaemst (Belgium)
Born in 1967 in Belgium, Kuurne.
At the age of 25, before at with Frank Missant’s workshop and later watching a documentary on Brody Neuenschwander’s art, Jurgen starts his Calligraphic journey.
He studied with: Joke and Liesbeth Boudens, Brody Neuenschwander, Carl Rohrs, Torsten Kolle, Ewan Clayton, Christopher Haanes, Yukimi Annand, Julian Waters & Elmo van Slingerland, and his mentor Yves Leterme.
Currently Jurgen teaches calligraphy In Belgium and around the world from Europe to USA.
This is his debut with online calligraphy Class!