* WORKSHOPS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
* WORKSHOPS FOR ALL LEVELS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
12th and 13th November 2020 – from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Rome Time)
in Direct Via ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 1 week.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail.
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Hours live on ZOOM in 2 Days shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format
To be part of the classe no previous specific knowledge is required, only the interest and desire to explore the world of letters.
We will make Roman capitals with the broad-edged pen. We will focus on good proportions, applying serifs, variations in letters and attention for detail and quality of form, all done in a slow, concentrated manner of writing. We will use pen manipulation and pressure on the pen. We’ll practice letters with character and strive for sophisticated calligraphy with refinement and lively detail. There will be demonstrations, tips, and individual live answers to your questions (as much as possible).
• MATERIALS (excluded from the registration fee) :
– 3 mm pen, preferably Speedball c2
– Practice paper like Canson Croquis or Fabriano Schizzi, 90 gr (thin enough if you use a grid under your writing paper).
– Black gouache or watercolour.
• THE TEACHER:
– Elmo van Slingerland (Gouda NL)
was born in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. He studied at the Rotterdamse Grafische School (School for printing and graphic arts). In 1986 he attended a workshop in France with Claude Mediavilla and considers this as his start on the path of calligraphy. Elmo finished his study of graphic and typographic design at the Royal Academy of Arts in The Hague (passed with distinction). He has taught workshops in several countries in Europe, as well as Australia, Mexico, South Korea, Canada, and USA, and at The Royal Academy of Arts in The Hague (type design for post-graduate students). Elmo worked as a freelance graphic designer/type designer (for DTL, for which he designed the typeface Dorian, and worked on other typefaces). He has exhibited calligraphy in Belgium, France, and the Netherlands and and his work has been selected for different publications. Since 2016 he has divided his time between working for a design studio (specialists in corporate and annual reporting), and making letters and teaching workshops.