“SURFIN’ LETTERS” – Online class with Ivan Castro
Out of stock
WHERE AND WHEN:
– 24th and 25th February 2021 – from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm (Rome Time)
Total 4 Hour Workshop in Direct Via ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 2 weeks.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail.
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Hours live on ZOOM in 2 Days shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format
– Video recordings of the Class available for 2 weeks
To be part of the classe no previous specific knowledge is required, only the interest and desire to explore the world of letters.
• TOPIC: “Interlock Surfin’ Letters”
Lettering designer Ivan Castro From Barcellona, will carry us inside this wonderful lettering style from late 1950s.
Interlock Letters are modern and surprising with the flavor of the popular cultures from ’60s and ’70s.
Let’s make letters bounce up and down following the fresh waves of this incredible style!
• THE TEACHER:
– Ivan Castro (from Barcelona)
Ivan Castro is a graphic designer based in Barcelona, Spain, who specializes in calligraphy, lettering, and typography. His work involves everything from advertising to editorial, and from packaging to logo design and gig posters. Although Ivan claims to have no specific style, one could say that he has a strong respect for the history of popular culture. He has been working in the field for 15 years, and has been teaching calligraphy and lettering for 10 years in the main design schools in Barcelona. He travels frequently, holding workshops and giving lectures at design festivals and conferences. He has recently published The ABC of Custom Lettering, a lettering handbook.
Do you want to watch him in action? If you have three minutes, you can watch this video.