* WORKSHOPS FOR ALL LEVELS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
May 19th and 20th 2022 – from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Rome Time, GMT+2+) Live on ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 2 weeks.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail.
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Hours live on ZOOM in 2 Day shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format
– Video recordings of the Class available for 2 weeks
The class is open — and has much to offer — to all levels of experience, from adventurous beginners to advanced pros.
• TOPIC: SPRING LETTERS (and Spine CONCERTINA BOOK)
This is an experimental workshop, based on Achim letters (these are good for mixing with paint!)
These letters were designed by Hans-Joachim Burgert, a german calligrapher, sculptor and educator. (1928-2009)
Akim letters are often used as monoline texts but today we will give them a “spring” style.
After understanding the structure we will practice with other tools, mixing the styles.
Then, you can do it by yourself with other alphabets styles (cursive, spencerian, cooperplate, etc)
This is an experimental workshop in which we will use different kind of tools, mixing them.
We will also explain how the ruling pen works for those of you who have not used them before, so it is a good time to try them!
My advice is to always have a good paper in which you can put together the final calligraphy project and texture project (in the cover) so you can see it finished.
Watercolors always appreciate good paper.
Remember: the paper for the cover no more than 200g.
We will make a cover spine copertina book.
Hard cover with textures calligraphy style.
And inside a designed text or a word in order to decorate.
* The materials are approximate, we will teach the techniques but it is not necessary that you have all of them, then you can buy the ones you liked the most, to practice.
The ones you like most. Watercolor brushes (at least 1) N8 or more can be synthetic or natural.
- Tracer tools Ruling pen or folded pens Luthis pens
- Also look for some natural element, in the garden or park that can help us mark such as pine needles.
You have to have everything you like to work with on hand.
- Colors: Watercolors Glitter watercolors Gouache or temperas Walnut or walnut ink Acrylic inks Tech inks Glitter acrylic inks Tech and china inks Gesso / Mediums and others Chalk paint You can choose a color palette. You don´t need to have a lot of colors of each one! Pencil or stick pastels Color pencils Grease pencil (white or black)
- Containers: All you want to be able to have clean water Transparent or white better Distilled water Small bottles for inks Drying paper Salt Kitchen paper Cotton fabric
- PASTE AND ASSEMBLE: Cotton fabric Kitchen paper Rules Cutter Old brush (glue) HB pencil, B whichever you like the most, Pencil 0.3 or 0.5 Embroidery needle or crochet hook 1 cork 1 thick needle Glue (white, carpenter’s)
- PAPERS AND FRAMES SUPPORT Canson paper or mixed media paper, absorbent for water techniques no thickness greater than 180 gr if later you want to use it to bind. Canson Mi teintes (chalk techniques) The best for watercolor 300 grams Rives or Arches Canson Edition Ingres color paper Wooden slat size 20 x 20 or similar MDF Canvas with fabric Paperboard.
- Nature Images: We will give you some images as a reference © to copy patterns or use for inspiration, but you can have your own. – I know many of us like images of textures in nature 🙂 .
- Your desire to have fun!
• THE TEACHER:
Argentina established in Barcelona
Graphic designer with a postgraduate degree in typography. Bookbinder and calligraphy lover. She has participated in several Editions of Arts Libris (Artist Books).