* WORKSHOPS FOR ALL LEVELS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
29th and 30th June 2020 – from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Rome Time)
in Direct Via ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail.
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Hours live on ZOOM in 2 Days shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format
To be part of the classe no previous specific knowledge is required, only the interest and desire to explore the world of letters.
Yukimi has been playing with random weighted letters to make calligraphic textures with folded pen. “Random weighted letters” means for her that any strokes of a letter can be weighted thin or thick not following traditional rules. They make calligraphic writing and calligraphic textures more fun and lively. In the first session in this course we will practice simple random weighted letterforms with radius cut folded pen followed by basic stroke exercises. In the second session, we will make textures by writing a text with the. We will play with space, balance, movement and rhythm for making unique calligraphic textures. The color blending technique will be presented and we will have fun with colors at the end.
- Folded pen: Tim’s pen (“Radius” nibs) and/or New Horizon folded nib (Paper & Ink Art) recommended
- Cola pen, any kind of folded pens or Luthis pens you already have
- Drawing, sketch or charcoal paper for practice (about A3 size recommended)
- Several sheets of good water color for calligraphy, A4 size or larger
- Black Sumi ink or walnut ink
- Your choice of two to three colors of acrylic ink, calligraphy ink or watercolor ink
- Small dish for ink
- Plastic 6 well palette
- Water container
- Rag or paper towel
- Pencil and Ruler
- Your choice of text, 3-15 words
• THE TEACHER:
Yukimi Annand is a calligrapher, lettering and book artist based in Southern California. She grew up in Japan and studied visual communication design and worked as a graphic designer in Tokyo. She is passionate about the beauty of Roman alphabet and creates unique artwork with her love of calligraphic mark making incorporated with nature. She has been experimenting with the usage of tools and mediums to expand her world of calligraphy. She also has bee having a great pleasure to share her ideas and to give workshops all around the world since 2012. Her works have been frequently shown in Letter Arts Review as well as other calligraphic journals and books. And they have been included in calligraphy collections in Berlin, San Francisco, and Moscow.