DECEMBER TO REMEMBER 2020
2 for 1 – TWO DAYS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!
* WORKSHOPS FOR ALL LEVELS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
17 – 18 December 2020 – from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm (Rome Time)
Live on ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 1 week.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail.
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Hours live on ZOOM in 2 Days shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format
To be part of the classe no previous specific knowledge is required, only the interest and desire to explore the world of letters.
• TOPIC: Playful Monoline: Round & Square
Who said monoline is boring? We are going to explore many possibilities of monoline lettering using unusual bent nibs with square and round tips. Probably you used it for training classical hands rhythm, but these pens give much more opportunities. At the class we will study several iconic poster letterforms, including Art Nouveau, Plakatstil, Modernism, and Speedball Textbook styles of of the early XX century, we will make variations playing with the form and rhythm, and try some Karl Georg Hoefer’s experiments with square nibs. We will also get inspired from many modern calligraphy artists who incorporate monoline letters in their works.
- Round tip bent nibs: Speedball B: sizes B-2 or B-3, and B-5, or any other redis type nibs, sizes 2-2,5 mm and 1 mm.
- Square tip bent nibs: Speedball A: sizes A-1, A-3, or Brause & Co, No. 505, sizes 4 mm and 2 mm.
- Ink: any non-waterproof, like Higgins Eternal or Sepia, walnut, Parker Quink, Pelikan, or any other fountain ink.
- Practice paper: A3 sketch, charcoal or drawing paper. You can use graph paper.
- Pencil, fineliner about 0,3 mm.
• THE TEACHER:
Bakhyt Kadyrova is from Kazakhstan. While her calligraphic journey stared only in 2017, but she has already been noticed for her dedicated calligraphy work. She was featured in Scripsit, Vol. 42 No. 1 among the new wave of lettering artists. She was one of the speakers at the recent Russian calligraphy conference Calligrafest 2020. Bakhyt studied with John Stevens, Yves Leterme, Yukimi Annand, Carl Rohrs, Elmo van Slingerland, Massimo Polello, Randall Hasson, Laurent Rebena, Michael Sull, and other masters.