* MONTHLY CLASS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
27 Oct. 03, 10, 17 Nov 2023 – from 8:00 pm (Rome Time, GMT+2)
in Live Via ZOOM – The Zoom sessions will be recorded.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The Workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail and the link/access for the dedicated PADLET page
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Meeting live on ZOOM during 1 month shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
1 Meeting for each week, Duration of the single meeting is around 1 h/1:15 h
– Homeworks and Comments every week by the Teacher
This is not exactly Homeworks Correction, it’s comments or suggestions by the teacher if the student, posts his homeworks on PADLET group.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format, Video recordings available for 1 month 24/7 from the end of the Workshop
– Exclusive Access to the Dedicated PADLET Group with exclusive contains
As exclusive contains i mean for example the scan of the demonstrations that the teacher made during the lessons (if the teacher agree)
• TOPIC: OH LA LA! ANTIQUA
The Antiqua-Alphabet is one of the classic alphabets. We will explore its origins, form and quality of line. Our goal is the trans- formation into a more contemporary version & experimenting with its orna- mental potential. We will allow the letters to come together and start a happy conversation. Single, legible words develop into pure form.
• REQUIREMENTS: You already have some experience with calligraphy or you ́r intermediate or even advanced – perfect for this class. We will focus on skill regarding the quality of line and letterform, but also design and composition will be our aim.
- water glass
- tracing paper
- pencil (H-2H), eraser
- some higher quality sheets of paper, like BFK Rives, Arches or Hahnemühle (145g – 250g),
- gouache (opaque white, jet black, your favourite colours), palette
- pointed brush (size 0-2), old brush for mixing
- your favourite inks
- pointed pen, broadedged pen (Speedball/Mitchel/Brause) 0,5 – 1,5mm=small sizes
• THE TEACHER:
is a freelance calligrapher & book artist from Germany. She ́s working on commissions on a wide field of sign-painting, lettering, logo-design and murals. In her free artwork she loves to follow the historic paths of alphabets and enjoys expressive transformation into the contemporary. Her art is shown both nationally and worldwide and is part of private and public collections like the Berlin calligraphy collection, the Center of Book Arts, San Francisco and the Int. Museum for Contemporary Calligraphy in Moscow. She is a member of German societies ars scribendi and Schreibwerkstatt Klingspor Offen- bach, CLAS fellow (Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society), full member of LX (Letter Exchange) in London and member of Friends of Calligraphy, San Francisco. www.andreawunderlich.com