* WORKSHOPS FOR ALL LEVELS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
February 21 and 22 2022 – from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm (Rome Time, GMT+2+) Live on ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 2 weeks.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail.
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Hours live on ZOOM in 2 Day shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format
– Video recordings of the Class available for 2 weeks
To be part of the classe no previous specific knowledge is required, only the interest and desire to explore the world of legible and illegible letters.
• TOPIC: LEGIBLE/ILLEGIBLE – PLAYFUL TEXTPATTERNS
During this workshop, we will explore the power of text as an intricate visual pattern using simple tools like erasers and markers. The possibilities are endless and provide hours of fun and experiment. We will talk about the construction of playful letterforms, the importance of graphic rhythm, how to explore different compositions and of course discuss the importance of legibility. We can work in black and white, but I will talk about how colour can influence your design. I will show you how different papers and inks can also have an effect. We will be using one or more quotes to create a series of pieces.
• SUPPLY LIST (excluded from the registration fee) WORLDWIDE SHOP • SHOP IN ITALIA
– Use any paper you have. I think it is good if you have different kinds tot experiment on: this can go from ordinary copy paper, to using some better papers like: Arches MBM, BFK Rives, Arches Velin, Hahnemühle Ingres, or whatever you have)
– Pencil Eraser extra soft like THIS. If you don’t find them, use any plastic eraser – staedler has a good one as well).
– Pens and pencils: whatever you have, you don’t need tot buy anything special for this workshop. ⁃ pencils
– Blockprint works really well (waterbased if possible but oil based is fine too).
– Some gouache colors
– Fineliners 0,05-0,1-0,2 mm.
– Ink rags or tissues
– A piece of glass tot put the blockprint on
– A roller tot prepare the ink on the glass.
Your desire to have fun!
• THE TEACHER:
I have been a freelancer lettering artist (www.studioxii.com) with a profound passion for teaching since 1995. I trained at the Scriptorium de Toulouse (FR) and was lucky to continue my education with Thomas Ingmire (USA) and Arne Wolf (USA) in California, focusing more on expressive calligraphy. Teaching and designing brought me to different places. This international adventure has been a big influence on me as a person and as a designer. It also helped to shape the longterm educational lettering programme I run at the European Lettering Institute (www.letteringinstitute.com). The institute combines education and creative entrepreneurship. It is a wonderful opportunity to pass on lettering skills to a future generation of professionals.
There are no reviews yet.