*TWO DAYS CLASS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
DECEMBER TO REMEMBER 2023
WHERE AND WHEN:
18 & 19 December 2023 – from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm (Rome Time, GMT+2)
in Live Via ZOOM – The Zoom sessions will be recorded.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The Workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail and the link/access for the dedicated PADLET page
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 2 Meetings live on ZOOM shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
1 Meeting for each day, Duration of the single meeting is around 2 h/2:15 h
– Homeworks and Comments by the Teacher
This is not exactly Homeworks Correction, it’s comments or suggestions by the teacher if the student, posts his homeworks on PADLET group.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format, Video recordings available for 2 weeks 24/7 from the end of the Workshop
– Exclusive Access to the Dedicated PADLET Group with exclusive contains
As exclusive contains I mean for example the scan of the demonstrations that the teacher made during the lessons (if the teacher agree)
• TOPIC: JURGEN’S WORLDWIDE LETTERS
During his travels around the world, both for pleasure and to teach Calligraphy, Jurgen gathers inspiration from all the symbols that surround him and collects them in his notebooks.
During this course we will discover alphabets from all over the world seen through Jurgen’s eyes. From Japan to Greece, from runes to Western alphabets, there will be fun!
• REQUIREMENTS: To be part of the classe no previous specific knowledge is required, only the interest and desire to explore the world of letters.
– Practice paper (preferable A3) usual white copypaper or Canson Croquis practise pad, or Gilbert cotton practise pads. The latter one is very suited for pencil work.
– mechanical pencil 0,7 & 0,3 mm (leads HB preferable)
– optional… Some colour pencil (mechanical or common)
– Fineliners 0,03 & 0,05 mm.
– Speedball nibs C5
– Some ink, or walnut ink, or some watercolours (as you prefere)
• THE TEACHER:
– Jurgen Vercaemst (Belgium)
Born in 1967 in Belgium, Kuurne.
At the age of 25, before at with Frank Missant’s workshop and later watching a documentary on Brody Neuenschwander’s art, Jurgen starts his Calligraphic journey.
He studied with: Joke and Liesbeth Boudens, Brody Neuenschwander, Carl Rohrs, Torsten Kolle, Ewan Clayton, Christopher Haanes, Yukimi Annand, Julian Waters & Elmo van Slingerland, and his mentor Yves Leterme.
Currently Jurgen teaches calligraphy In Belgium and around the world from Europe to USA.