* WORKSHOPS FOR ALL LEVELS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
17th and 18th August 2020 – from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm (Rome Time, GMT+2+)
in Direct Via ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 1 week.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail.
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Hours live on ZOOM in 2 Days shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format
You can be part of this class even if your experience with calligraphy, pens & ink is minimal. If you are experienced, an in-depth analysis and review of the Roman majuscules will further refine your calligraphic expertise.
• TOPIC: Inside Kalliandra
Kalliandra is the Calligraphic Style developed by An Vanhentenrijk after years of study about letters and Shapes.
During the Class we will discover the world there is around this personal and incredible Calligraphic style.
Through the use of the right instruments, the weight and the movements of the letters we will start a marvelous calligraphic travel… INSIDE KALLIANDRA.
• SUPPLY LIST (excluded from the registration fee) WORLDWIDE SHOP • SHOP IN ITALIA
- Pointed nibs. An Vanhentenrijik recently uses ‘Tachikawa G’ or ‘Nikko G’ too (For the Day 01)
- Folded pen or colapen (For the Day 02)
- Black ink or sumi ink or walnut ink or gouache
- Practicing paper from good quality with less texture (no bleeding allowed) : sa. lay-out paper or croquis canson A4 or A3
- pencil, ruler, tissue, a compass
- Option for homework : white paper from good quality (Zerkall, Arches, Fabriano …), bleedproof white gouache with mixing brush and mixing palet, black papier (160 gr or 210 gr) (example link), white pencil for using on black paper, black gum,
• THE TEACHER:
(° 18 January 1960) is the mother of Raf and Julie,(and their partners), grandmother of Arthur and lives with her husband Pieter Vanhee in Bonheiden/Belgium. For her, calligraphy is like drawing and painting with letters. Sometimes very precise, other times rough and casual. Experimenting, looking for new applications, new letter shapes, signs and textures mostly on paper. Collages, mixed techniques, sometimes just a play of 26 letters. She also combines writing with spatial work such as paper bowls, other 3D objects and the wooden kalliandra letterobjects (2019).
In 1988 she started calligraphy and during many lessons and internships she trained with nationally and internationally renowned calligraphers: sa. John Stevens, Brody Neuenswander, Gottfried Pott, Thomas Ingmire, Karl Georg Hoefer, Denise Lach, Peter Thornton, Ewan Clayton, Susan Skarsgard, Yves Leterme, Torsten Kolle, Wilbert Wegman, Laurent Plfughaubt, Laurent Rébéna, Carl Rohrs, Denis Brown, Christopher Haanes, Sue Hufton, Eleanor Winters, Ludo Deveaux, Rachel Yallop, Yukimi Anand, Lieve Cornil, Julian Waters, Claudio Gill Kristoffel and Liesbet Boudens and others.
She started as an independent calligrapher in 1996.On request she works out calligraphy assignments for companies and private persons.
Her interior architecture/design education, which she describes as a way of learning to see precise, of searching for new ideas and gaining spatial insight, was already the basis for her calligraphy. She also followed a teacher training. In 1993 she started to teach calligraphy. She likes to teach, to guide and stimulate students in their growth process to develop them according to their own style. Because of the many ideas and techniques that she passes on to students through her courses, she has an impact on the evolution of calligraphy in Flanders. Not only does she teach in her own studio in Bonheiden, she also goes to various calligraphy groups in Flanders/Belgiumand a few times to the Netherlands and Germany.. Since 2003 she is also a lecturer “Witruimte/White Space”.
In recent years she has (solo)exhibited in Belgiumand some of her works have been published in a few books and magazines such as ‘Letter Arts Review / Annual ‘(USA), ‘Scriptores’ (B) and ‘The Edge’ (UK).
She was selected several times for various calligraphy competitions. In 2014 she was, together with Ewan Clayton (UK), among others, a jury member for the calligraphy and bookbinding competition “Pieces for Peace”. In March / April 2015, she participated with two of her works in “The International Calligraphy Exhibition 2015” in Moscow. In 2018 she was the Winner of the ‘International Price Kalligrafie Westerlo/Belgium’.
In 2007 she designed her organic alphabet named ‘Kalliandra’ and still goes on with experimenting with these letterforms.
An Vanhentenrijk, august 2020
There are no reviews yet.