* WORKSHOPS FOR ALL LEVELS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
October 20th 2021 – from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm (Rome Time, GMT+2+) Live on ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 2 weeks.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail.
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 3 Hours live on ZOOM in 1 Day shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format
– Video recordings of the Class available for 2 weeks
The class is open — and has much to offer — to all levels of experience, from adventurous beginners to advanced pros.
• TOPIC: GEOMETRY & NATURE: PAINTING THE FIBONACCI SEQUENCE
Briefly, we will explore the fascinating history of the Fibonacci sequence and understand why it is so important to creative people and creative minds. We will draw, paint and letter using the f.spiral as our basis. We will work both freehand (trust me) as well as geometrically draw the sequence. A three-hour workshop of pure joy and amazing outcomes is awaiting you. A little Math is required, but you don’t have to be good at it!
- 1 – 2 sheets A3 210gsm – 300gsm fine-art paper cold and/or hot-press (that will take watercolour/gouache/ink) and some black or dark heavyweight paper as well. If you can’t get some use what you have.
- and some cartridge paper or practice paper
- couple sheets of tracing paper/film
- a notebook or artist’s diary
- a clear ruler with clear markings
- a sharp lead pencil, I like the mechanical .5 for technical drawing
- an eraser
- some watercolours if you like to use them – mixed and ready to paint with or some gouache if you prefer – mixed and ready to paint with
- ½ inch flat brush & fine brushes 000, 00 or 00
- and/or watercolour coloured pencils
- and/or coloured pencils
- and/or watery ink etc
- have a rag or clean-up stuff handy
- you will need a compass – you know the type for drawing circles right!?
• THE TEACHER:
Gemma Black is an artist and calligraphic-designer. Gemma was a recipient of a Winston Churchill Memorial Fellowship to study in Europe that allowed her to research, observe and learn the practice of calligraphy. She is an Honoured Fellow and Fellow of the prestigious Calligraphy & Lettering Arts Society, UK. For over 25 years Gemma has taught extensively for calligraphy, bookbinding, art & craft organisations around Australia including the Australian National University. Gemma has taught in Italy, Germany, Spain, South Africa, USA, Canada and the UK. Her work is housed in private and public collections including the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge, UK, the European Parliament and Parliament House Canberra. Her work involves mostly calligraphy, book structures, decorative paper techniques, abstract watercolour painting and grounds for calligraphy. Gemma lives in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia If you would like to read about the day to day life of a lettering designer please visit Gemma’s BLOG