* WORKSHOPS FOR ALL LEVELS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
November 25th and 26th 2021 – from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm (Rome Time, GMT+2+) Live on ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 2 weeks.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail.
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Hours live on ZOOM in 2 Day shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format
– Video recordings of the Class available for 2 weeks
The class is open — and has much to offer — to all levels of experience, from adventurous beginners to advanced.
• TOPIC: FROM FLAT BRUSH TO LETTERING
Gen Ramirez will show us how to create and handmade lettering starting from a Flat Brush Lettering.
We will discover the techniques and all the process to create original letters with a great Master, don’t be shy and prepare yourself to exit from your comfort zone!
Gen will teach some tricks and techniques with the flat brush in order to explore many hidden features that the tool can offer for sketching lettering. We will develop a lettering piece from the sketch to the final drawing.
We will learn about:
- Flat Brush basic techniques
- Brush parameters and its manipulation
- Brush strokes
- Variations of letterform construction
- Sketching technique using flat brush
- Putting a lettering piece together
- Basics of spacing and composing
• SUPPLY LIST (excluded from the registration fee) WORLDWIDE SHOP • SHOP IN ITALIA
- 1/2″ Flat Brush and any other flat brush you want to try.
- Sumi Ink or tube of black gouache or tempera.
- Pencil, eraser, sharpener
- A lot of paper, recycled and cheap paper recommended. A3 size min.
- Tracing paper or any translucent paper.
• THE TEACHER:
I’m a graphic and type designer, calligrapher and sign-painter from Guadalajara, Mexico.
I recently graduated from TypeMedia, the Master in Typography at the Royal Academy of Arts in The Hague (KABK). I also attended the Type@Cooper’s programs in New York and San Francisco. Some of my work has been recognized by the Latin American Typography Biennial in 2016 and 2018. I led Letrastica Festival, a typography, calligraphy and lettering conference in Guadalajara.
Besides graphic design, I have worked analizing administrative processes for software development at governmental level. Likewise, conceptualizing technological frameworks based in open source for public institutions.
To keep learning and sharing my knowledge is one on my main motivations. I teach sign painting, calligraphy and typeface design workshops.
I like leading teams managing multiple and diverse individual skills to work together and consider myself a reliable team member to work with.
I’m enthusiastic, committed, critical, quiet, respectful and easy going.
There are no reviews yet.