* WORKSHOPS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
* WORKSHOPS FOR ALL LEVELS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
3rd & 4th December 2020 – from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Rome Time)
in Direct Via ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 1 week.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail.
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Hours live on ZOOM in 2 Days shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format
To be part of the classe no previous specific knowledge is required, only the interest and desire to explore the world of letters.
• TOPIC: Fresh & Fancy – modern illumination inspired by Lindisfarne Gospels
The Lindisfarne Gospels or book of Lindisfarne is, quite simple, one of the most beautiful and inspiring handwritten and illuminated books in the world, a landmark of human creative achievement and a testament of commitment and faith.“
Michelle P. Brown, Professor Emerita of Medieval Manuscript Studies, University of London
We will have a look at the book, learn about it´s history, explore the story behind. And after that, let´s focus on the illuminated headings. We find out about the letterforms, create our own alphabet.
Knowing the origins, we play with those and add some freshness & fancyness to create our own modern illumination.
- pencil (H-2H), eraser, ruler
- tracing paper
- good quality paper like BFK Rives, Zerkall Alt Burgund
- gouache (Schmincke, Turner, Linel, etc.)
• THE TEACHER:
Andrea Wunderlich is a freelance calligrapher & book artist from Germany. At her studio, located in an old firestation, she´s working on commissions on a wide field of sign-painting, lettering, logo-design and murals.
In her free artwork she loves to follow the historic paths of alphabets and enjoys expressive transformation into the contemporary. Her art is shown both nationally and worldwide and is part of private and public collections like the Berlin calligraphy collection, the Center of Book Arts, San Francisco and the Int. Museum for Contemporary Calligraphy in Moscow.
She is a member of German societies ars scribendi and Schreibwerkstatt Klingspor Offenbach (board member), CLAS fellow (Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society), full member of LX (Letter Exchange) in London and member of Friends of Calligraphy, San Francisco.
Find out more on: www.andreawunderlich.com