* WORKSHOPS FOR ALL LEVELS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
19th and 20th October 2020 – from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm (Rome Time)
in Direct Via ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 1 week.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail.
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Hours live on ZOOM in 2 Days shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format
To be part of the classe no previous specific knowledge is required, only the interest and desire to explore the world of letters.
Copperplate capitals often appear complicated, so in this workshop I will show you ways to master them. It is very important to make sure all the strokes are balanced, so we will look at letter proportions, the weight of strokes, the relationship between the main body of the letter and the outer strokes, and how to bring life to them by employing the swelling line and adding a secondary stroke. We will look at the traditional, more flourished capitals, and in contrast, simplify them to their essential parts by practicing the capitals I designed for my copperplate variations style. We will also consider the relationship between a capital and the lowercase letter which follows.
• SUPPLY LIST (excluded from the registration fee) WORLDWIDE SHOP • SHOP IN ITALIA
- I use the Hunt 101 or Gillott 303 with a straight pen holder. If you prefer an oblique holder, that is fine.
- I use Pelikan 4001 or Schminke Calligraphy gouache.
- I use Daler Rowney layout paper and Rhodia plain paper for practice.
• THE TEACHER:
Rachel Yallop is a British calligrapher and lettering designer. Her love of letters stems from a lifelong passion for drawing, with her original calligraphic works exploring form, space, tension, and freedom of line. She studied at Ravensbourne and then the Central School of Art & Design in London, gaining an MA in 1985. Rachel has pursued a freelance career for 35 years, specialising in expressive calligraphy, and copperplate. For much of this time she has also taught a wide variety of calligraphic and design disciplines in art schools, and at conferences and workshops both in the U.K. and internationally. She has also written two copperplate instruction manuals.
There are no reviews yet.