* TWO DAYS CLASS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
17 & 18 May 2023 – from 8:00 pm (Rome Time, GMT+2)
in Live Via ZOOM – The Zoom sessions will be recorded.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The Workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail and the link for the dedicated Facebook Group
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 2 Meeting live on ZOOM during 1 week shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
1 Meeting for each day, Duration of the single meeting is around 2 hours
– Homeworks and Comments every week by the Teacher
This is not exactly Homeworks Correction, it’s comments or suggestions by the teacher if the student, posts his homeworks on PADLET group.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format, Video recordings available for 2 weeks 24/7 from the end of the Workshop
– Exclusive Access to the Dedicated PADLET Group with exclusive contains
As exclusive contains i mean for example the scan of the demonstrations that the teacher made during the lessons (if the teacher agree)
• TOPIC: BUILDING STRUCTURES
Letters and lines are design elements that, when grouped together, create structures that can be used to build wonderful compositions. Building structures with lines and letters is a great way to experiment, play, and learn about design. Whether you prefer creating readable or abstract designs, this workshop will give you insight into composition that will help you with whatever kind of artwork you do. I will also talk about and demonstrate the Power of Two, a concept that goes hand in hand with Building Structures. You will learn about the master calligraphers whose work influences this teaching. And the handouts will provide you with valuable reference both during and after the workshop.
• SUPPLY LIST (excluded from the registration fee) WORLDWIDE SHOP • SHOP IN ITALIA
80# Strathmore 400 Drawing Pad, 11×14”
Black calligraphy ink, such as Higgins Eternal (or comparable)
Sumi ink (I like Yasutomo or Moon Palace)
Various broad edge and pointed pen writing tools, plus your favoritesAutomatic or Parallel pens (1/2” to 1”)Some favorite gouaches or watercolorsA few color inks: I recommend Dr. Martin’s Bombay waterproof India inks or Tech Drawing inks (various colors, non-acrylic).Note: Any color inks will work.Optional:A couple 11×14” sheets of Arches Text Wove or comparableA couple 11×14” sheets cold press watercolor paper (I like Arches 140 lb.)Ruling pen, cola pen, other unusual writing tools
Speedball C0 through C5 nib pens; stiff pointed pens (like Nikko G); favorite Mitchell or Brause nibs
Quink ink (I like Blue and Blue-Black)
A bowl of your favorite M&M’s
• THE TEACHER:
Miriam Jones (verified owner) –
This class was a lot of fun. Mike is an enthusiastic and generous teacher.