* MONTHLY CLASS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
5-12-19-26 February 2021 – from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Rome Time)
in Direct Via ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 1 Month.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail and the link for the dedicated Facebook Group
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Meeting live on ZOOM during 1 month shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
– Homeworks and Comments every week by the Teacher
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format, Video recording available for 1 Month
– Exclusive Access to the Dedicated Facebook Group with exclusive contains
This course is for students who already have experience with the pointed pen, not for totally beginners.
• TOPIC: An adventure with the pointed pen
During this course you will experiment with the pointed pen and dicover the many possibilties based on different excercises I give you. As a start you create and explore many unique variations of one letter. Then you take one special and unique letter to create, in that specific style, first one word and secondly an entire alphabet. You will create variations of your alphabet by making the letters thinner, thicker, smaller and wider. You also experiment with straight and organic lines, with clean and imperfect letters, with pressure and no pressure and with the position of the pen. You design your own family of letters. With your letter(s) you make new compositions in circles and text blocks as well. Calligraphy becomes an image. During the course you will use the colors black, white, silver, gold, bronze and/or cupper. Later on you can use other colors. A syllabus with guidelines, excercises and examples will guide you throught this great and wonderful adventure. Be welcome !
Pointed pen :
- I use for this course a TACHIKAWA G pen or NIKKO G and gillots 303 en 404.
- Other pointed pens are also ok. Every pointed pen is different. Use the one you prefer
- Lay-out/marker paper (Marker Paper Canson) or other paper from good quality is possible
- Black paper A4 clairefontaine Trophee 160gr or 210gr: https://discountoffice.be/p/trophee-zwart-a4-160gr-250v/?gclid=CjwKCAiA_9r_BRBZEiwAHZ_v19FFg1j3Aprt255iw2atVef7T3utLRApGzZng3h0M1HoJQ15pDqz9BoCU1UQAvD_BwE
- Other black paper is also ok
- bleedproof white, silver, gold, bronze and/or cupper gouache as you prefer.
- Black ink : pelican 4001 to practice
- Black ink : pébéo graphic indian ink to write on black paper : https://www.amazon.com/Pebeo-Graphic-India-Ink-Bottle/dp/B005IW0V5E –
other materials :
- pencil, white chalk pencil for lines on black paper, black eraser, ruler, compass, mixing jar, mixing brush, jar for water,
• THE TEACHER:
An Vanhentenrijk is a calligrapher/lettering artist in Bonheiden/Belgium, started with calligraphy in 1988 and works as a freelance calligrapher since 1996. Her studies as an interior architect and a teacher education where a starting point. She studied with many well known national an international calligraphers. She has been teaching calligraphy for 27 years ,is working on commissions and creates personal artwork for exhibitions and private personnes. She writes all kinds of calligraphic styles from formal to informal and from clean and beautiful to row and imperfect. In 2007 she creates her organic ‘Kalliandra’ letterforms with the pointed pen. Since then she uses the pointed pen and her Kalliandra letters to create more experimental letterforms and compositions, 3 dimensional objects and paper bowls. Her personal artwork can be find in private collections, different calligraphy magazines and in the International Museum for Contemporary Calligraphy in Moscow. In 2018 she was the winner of the ‘Internationale Grote Prijs Kalligrafie Westerlo/Belgium’. She was twice a participant of ‘A brush with silence’ performance in Belgium organised by Brody Neuenschwander.
Find out more on: www.anvanhentenrijk.be