* 1 MONTH CLASS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
10, 17, 24, 31 March 2022 – from 11:00 am (Rome Time, GMT+2+)
in Direct Via ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The Workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail and the link for the dedicated Facebook Group
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Meeting live on ZOOM during 1 month shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
1 Meeting for each week, Duration of the single meeting is 1 hour + Extra time (max 30 minutes) for Q&A
– Homeworks and Comments every week by the Teacher
This is not exactly Homeworks Correction, it’s comments or suggestions by the teacher if the student, posts his homeworks on FB group.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format, Video recordings available for 1 Month 24/7 from the end of the Workshop
– Exclusive Access to the Dedicated Padlet Group with exclusive contains
As exclusive contains i mean for example the scan of the demonstrations that the teacher made during the lessons (if the teacher agree)
• TOPIC: SPENCERIAN TWIST a playful script style
During this month, we will learn to see the basic lowercase in Spencerian Twist and how to evolve into a new script style using the Traditional Spencerian System. We will use various tools, starting with simple exercises connected with the Vertical Penmanship, moving onto the variation and creating the illusion of vertical writing into combining the letterform to write long letters. At the end of the class, we will develop a simple artwork without using the capital form.
• SUPPLY LIST (excluded from the registration fee) WORLDWIDE SHOP • SHOP IN ITALIA
1. Pointed Nib: Hunt 101, LPEF (Nikko G / Titanium G is recommended)
2. Pen holder: Any favourite oblique or straight holder (recommended oblique holder) 3. Inks:
- – (Optional) Ziller Red / Any Red Gouache Red,
- – Black Gouache / Any Black ink (such as McCaffery Black)
- – Walnut ink4. Papers:
– For practice: 9×12 Canson Pro Layout (US) / Other Countries: A4 Canson XL Marker – Purple colour / A4 Canson Bleedproof70gsm / such as HP Premium for US; Double A / Paper One / Aussie – J.Burrow 100gsm / Any smooth paper- Johnneal Graph paper / Rhodia (Black) Premium Graph Pad No.18 – A4 (8.25 x 11.75 inches)- For Artwork (Optional): (USA) Borden And Riley #37 Boris Marker Layout Bright White Translucent Bond Pad, 14″ x 17″, 13. 5 lb. / Any translucent paper / tracing paper- For Artwork (Optional): A5 (USA — 5” x 7”) Fabriano Artistico – Traditional White Hot Pressed 200gsm/90lbs 5. Mechanical Pencil6. Eraser
7. Pigma Micron pen – Black/Brown/Red (Any size from 0.05 – 04) 8. Ruler
As the weeks progress, we will talk about other tools, papers and colour
• THE TEACHER:
Martha Laurens is an educator, calligrapher and penman for Scribes and Beyond studio based in Sydney, Australia. She started her journey in oil painting in the 1990s in Indonesia. Her first exhibition on oil painting was done during the same time, then continued her passion for design in the fashion industry before continuing in western calligraphy in 2013 with cursive writing on her wedding day.
Her parents introduced her to fine art, calligraphy and cursive writing with the ornamental decoration on wedding cakes and stationery designs. Later in the mid of 2014, she started to teach modern calligraphy Online for private, then continue to teach online in Traditional Spencerian Script in 2017, and focus her study and research on the history of calligraphy, cursive writing to the Ornamental Penmanship and Roundhand, Illuminated Manuscript design and traditional fine art painting.
She has received three IAMPETH’s Certificate, which include both Certification of Proficiency (2019) and Excellence (2020) for Spencerian and Certification of Proficiency for Border in 2021. She had taught in several countries for private groups include Indonesia, the USA, and Australia. In addition, she is also one of the first IAMPETH Virtual Instructors.
There are no reviews yet.