* 1 MONTH CLASS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
11,18,25 June, 02 July 2021 – from 7:00 pm (Rome Time, GMT+2+)
in Direct Via ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The Workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail and the link for the dedicated Facebook Group
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Meeting live on ZOOM during 1 month shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
1 Meeting for each week, Duration of the single meeting is 1 hour + Extra time (max 30 minutes) for Q&A
– Homeworks and Comments every week by the Teacher
This is not exactly Homeworks Correction, it’s comments or suggestions by the teacher if the student, posts his homeworks on FB group.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format, Video recordings available for 1 Month
– Exclusive Access to the Dedicated Facebook Group with exclusive contains
As exclusive contains i mean for example the scan of the demonstrations that the teacher made during the lessons (if the teacher agree)
• TOPIC: “SPEEDY & WOW – Expressive Italic with Andrea Wunderlich”
We love Italic. The range of use is so wide. Legible & wellknown letterforms. Lovely flourishes add to its elegant character.
In this workshop, we will go for the wow!-effect. We´ll go for more speed and expressiveness. It will be working on your skill and use of your nib and automatic pen. Let´s discover more expressive letterforms by working on rhythm, faster strokes and pen manipulation.
It will be like having a glass of champagne instead of sparkling water!
You´ve been trained in traditional Italic, maybe it´s been the alphabet that introduced you to calligraphy.
For this workshop, you don´t have to be superduper skilled in Italic, but you should know the letterforms and the formal use of it.
• SUPPLY LIST (excluded from the registration fee) WORLDWIDE SHOP • SHOP IN ITALIA
- water glass, tissue, pencil 2H, eraser, ruler
- broad-edged nibs, penholder (what you normally use for Italic)
- Calligraphy Marker – broad-edged, 2 – 5mm (ONLINE, Edding, ZIG, etc.)
- gouache (jet black, your favourite colours)
- palette & brush for mixing gouache
- ink (sumi, Indian)
- Sennelier shellack ink (your favourite color/colours)
- automatic pens, different sizes (3/4/5)
- sketch-pad (120g)
- 3-4 higher quality sheets of paper: watercolour paper-quality, slightly rough surface
• THE TEACHER
Andrea Wunderlich is a freelance calligrapher & book artist from Germany. At her studio, located in an old firestation, she´s working on commissions on a wide field of sign-painting, lettering, logo-design and murals.
In her free artwork she loves to follow the historic paths of alphabets and enjoys expressive transformation into the contemporary. Her art is shown both nationally and worldwide and is part of private and public collections like the Berlin calligraphy collection, the Center of Book Arts, San Francisco and the Int. Museum for Contemporary Calligraphy in Moscow.
She is a member of German societies ars scribendi and Schreibwerkstatt Klingspor Offenbach (board member), CLAS fellow (Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society), full member of LX (Letter Exchange) in London and member of Friends of Calligraphy, San Francisco.
Find out more on: www.andreawunderlich.com
There are no reviews yet.