* MONTHLY CLASS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE *
WHERE AND WHEN:
10-17-24-31 March 2021 – from 9:00 pm (Rome Time)
in Direct Via ZOOM
The Zoom session will be recorded. If you are unable to watch live, you may still take the class.
Links for the videos will be sent to you after class has ended and expire in 1 Month.
+39 349-6051804 (Whatsapp)
“The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
• HOW IT WORKS:
– Buy the Workshop through the normal e-commerce procedure of the site
– The days before the Workshop, you will receive the PDF handout and your personal address to access the Zoom Direct with the rest of the Class by mail and the link for the dedicated Facebook Group
• WHAT YOU BUY:
– 4 Meeting live on ZOOM during 1 month shared with teacher and class with the possibility to interact at the moment.
1 Meeting for each week, Duration of the single meeting is 1 hour + Extra time (max 30 minutes) for Q&A
– Homeworks and Comments every week by the Teacher
This is not exactly Homeworks Correction, it’s comments or suggestions by the teacher if the student, posts his homeworks on FB group.
– Handouts and Work sheets in PDF format, Video recordings available for 1 Month
– Exclusive Access to the Dedicated Facebook Group with exclusive contains
As exclusive contains i mean for example the scan of the demonstrations that the teacher made during the lessons (if the teacher agree)
This course is for students who already have experience not for totally beginners.
• TOPIC: Italic beyond the dogma
Paper – Some or all of the following choice of papers:
* Arches Text Wove, Zerkall [comes in 2 surfaces],
* Rives BFK,
* Khadi Indian Handmade papers come in several different textures. (PS103 from John Neal is good)
* Daler layout pads in A3 size are good for practicing sometimes.
* All sizes of Brause nibs are recommended [Mitchell nibs not suitable] * Pencil [2h].
* Pointed brush, for loading nib with ink
* Colored pencils
* Chinese Stick Ink (IS29 from John Neal)
* Ink Stone
* Higgins Eternal is a cheaper substitute, but the Chinese stick ink is highly recommended
* Colours are optional but please use Winsor and Newton gouache.
* T Square
* Scalpel blade [no 21 for scraping] * Adjustable drawing board
* Sandarac powder
* Old cloth
* Water jar
* Guard sheet or cotton glove (as you prefer)
• THE TEACHER:
CHRISTOPHER HAANES (b. 1966) is a calligrapher, book-designer, typographer, teacher & author living in Oslo, Norway. He is Scandinavias, became fellow member of the SSI in 1989. He has taught the subjects of calligraphy and typography for more than 20 years, including workshops in England, Holland, Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, Australia, Hong Kong, USA. He has taught at Westerdals School of Communication (former Skolen for Grafisk Design) in Oslo since 1989. He has written articles and essays for D2 (Dagens Næringsliv), Prosa, Numer, Snitt. He is author & designer of five books on calligraphy and typography: Håndbok i kalligrafi (Aschehoug 1994), Kalligrafi (NRK Fale 1998), Bokstavelig (Aschehoug 2004), ABC for voksne og Abstracts (H//O//F 2012). He is working on a Handbook in Calligraphy in English at the moment. Work featured in several Letter Arts Review Annual (a juried magazine for the lettering arts), plus many other Norwegian and international publications.